Worship Leader Position
Second Baptist Church
Leadership Position Description
Position Title: Worship Leader
Reports To: Pastor
Job Status: Full Time (40 – 50 hours per week)
Date Prepared: April 22, 2013
- The Worship Leadercares for his/her own family while pursuing and modeling Christ-like character traits and priorities at all times.
- The Worship Leader must be outgoing and enjoy being around people and be accessible to the membership in general, but especially those involved in worship ministry.
- The worship leader will provide general pastoral care to the members of Second Baptist Church as a member of the pastoral staff.
- The worship leader possesses a clear call to salvation and to serving in a local church as a worship leader.
- The worship leader will design and implement big picture plans by providing direction and leadership for all worship ministries and be the point of contact for all worship services and events. This will involve having general oversight for planning of services, musical selection, worship teams and band, choirs, scheduling, media, technology, drama and any other creative aspects of the services.
- Managing and ensuring effective rehearsal times are a must.
- The worship leader is also responsible for providing training to volunteers, creative direction to the stage design, oversight to the technical and media resources used by the church with attention given to the identification and training of volunteer technical personnel for audio, lighting and media.
- The worship leader will establish a ministry calendar and budget.
- The worship leader will coordinate and manage people and resources related to weekly worship teams and media ministry in cooperation with other staff members.
- He/she will also perform other duties as assigned by the pastor and be available and willing to support other ministries of the church.
- The worship leader will meet weekly with other staff for worship planning meetings and be a member of the Church Council.
- Education- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but will consider candidates with an associate’s degree depending on their experience and ability.
- Experience- Five years of experience in leading worship in a multi-staff setting is preferred. This experience includes leading congregational worship with praise teams, bands/orchestra and choirs. This experience would also include making disciples and the ability to work well with others.
- Skills- A passion for leading a blended style of worship with an emphasis on contemporary worship and a passion for making disciples; the ability to recruit, equip and lead volunteers; good administrative and organization skills; and, possess appropriate inner-personal skills.
- Technology: A working knowledge of various computer programs and media resources (sound, lighting and video).
- Personal: Must be a mature, growing disciple of Jesus Christ who demonstrates a consistent love for God and others. The desire to build strong relationships with other pastors and support staff is a priority. He/she financially supports the ministries of Second Baptist Church by faithfully giving a tithe and maintaining wise stewardship over personal finances. The worship leader must protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality.
- Doctrinal: General affirmation of the Baptist Faith and Message and work in cooperation with the philosophy of ministry as set forth in the By-Laws, Policies and Procedures Manual and the Personnel Manual.